Transplate Harness update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChickenBone

Registered
Reaction score
I finally had a chance to get out and dive with my new rig today. Two dives at Bainbridge quarry in PA. All I can say, after getting everything adjusted (which took me a few tries!) is that the difference in my diving was simply amazing. I took some time to get the proper weight sorted out, and was able to take ALOT of weight off the belt (keep in mind I also added a 6lb STA). This is the first time i've ever used back inflation and also the first time diving a backplate. In only two dives i can tell a HUGE difference.

I'm very, very pleased with this purchase.

(p.s. - Kracken, I actually didn't get a new 'tall' plate after all. I just had to tweak this one a little to get it dialed in just right. life is good!)

ChickenBone:
I finally had a chance to get out and dive with my new rig today. Two dives at Bainbridge quarry in PA. All I can say, after getting everything adjusted (which took me a few tries!) is that the difference in my diving was simply amazing. I took some time to get the proper weight sorted out, and was able to take ALOT of weight off the belt (keep in mind I also added a 6lb STA). This is the first time i've ever used back inflation and also the first time diving a backplate. In only two dives i can tell a HUGE difference.

I'm very, very pleased with this purchase.

(p.s. - Kracken, I actually didn't get a new 'tall' plate after all. I just had to tweak this one a little to get it dialed in just right. life is good!)

I just purchased the same thing and dove it today as well. I dove an aluminum 80 double setup and liked it a lot. Keep diving and have fun!!!

Dive and dive often

Congrats to both of you. :D

Back
Top Bottom