Transmitters?

How many of you rebreather divers use transmitters on your O2 and DIL bottles?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont but seems fairly common to me. I leave my o2 and dil pressurized often though and would kill transmitter batteries easy breezy so doubt I will ever switch

On a CCR where gas pressures are secondary information, pressure transmitters are excellent. They’re tucked away and really clean up the front of the unit. I use the Nerd to read them in the third cell position.

Transmitter are great. You can check your pressures easily with computer when diving. Also you get warnings if you get low pressure or forgot open you tanks. Keeps you more relaxed becuse you got 1 more backup system.

I run one transmitter on my unit on the oxygen. I have never used an analog gauge on a ccr. The transmitter is just one more way to confirm my oxygen is on.

I did it to declutter the chest area a little. And mostly for tracking. Where in the dive am I actually using gas. Post dive analysis. Since you can put them as a mini display in a single slot on the NERD, easy enough. I consider it less gear to deal with compared to running SPGs. No routing as you gear up, they are always out of the way.

This thread is timely for me.

I have been thinking of buying myself a new toy, a Perdix or Petrel.
After much thought, I have come down on the side of the Perdix AI.

I decided that I don't want to fit external sensors to the unit and the computer, so that means I won't need the Petrel 2 - Fisher. Which means the newer Perdix seems to be the sensible choice. Which left me considering which version. I have finally decided on the AI. Giving me the option to fit sensors to the DIL and O2. Gas is far less of an issue on CC, but if I am going to get a shiny new toy, I might as well get one with flexibility to give me wireless cylinder pressure.

Gareth

This thread is timely for me.

I have been thinking of buying myself a new toy, a Perdix or Petrel.
After much thought, I have come down on the side of the Perdix AI.

I decided that I don't want to fit external sensors to the unit and the computer, so that means I won't need the Petrel 2 - Fisher. Which means the newer Perdix seems to be the sensible choice. Which left me considering which version. I have finally decided on the AI. Giving me the option to fit sensors to the DIL and O2. Gas is far less of an issue on CC, but if I am going to get a shiny new toy, I might as well get one with flexibility to give me wireless cylinder pressure.

Gareth
I bought a teric for the ai and hated it and move to a perdix ai. It's a very good choice. Out of curiosity how are you getting rid of your fischer petrel? What unit and how are you monitioring p02?

I bought a teric for the ai and hated it and move to a perdix ai. It's a very good choice. Out of curiosity how are you getting rid of your fischer petrel? What unit and how are you monitioring p02?

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

My unit has its own controller/computer. The Perdix will be my backup.

Whilst an independent cell giving real time PO2 would be nice. I don't want the complication of
  • needing to modify the unit to take an additionall cell
  • Making a 'hole' in the unit to bring the cable out to the Petrel
  • The backup computer with a wire and the related complications.
Therefore, the Petrel - Fisher wasn't on the list, which meant the Perdix became logical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom