Transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k954triniz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I’m getting the shearwater Teric veryyy soon . My dive shop told me there is a few different transmitters I can get for air integration. Shearwater, aqualung or oceanic .. is there a difference, a better one?

All of these transmitters are manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems
Are Pressure Transmitters compatible across brands?
The Oceanic and Aqua Lung transmitters usually go for $399, the Shearwater transmitter is $350. You may be able to find a used transmitter for less, though they are very desirable and sought after

short answer no, so if you find one that is cheaper then go for it.

All of these transmitters are manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems
Are Pressure Transmitters compatible across brands?
The Oceanic and Aqua Lung transmitters usually go for $399, the Shearwater transmitter is $350. You may be able to find a used transmitter for less, though they are very desirable and sought after

Okay just making sure .. now the choice is if I want to save $50 and wait a week or just get it. Also if I want to use a short hose or not

Another consideration is customer service and warranty duration. The transmitters sold by Shearwater win hands down.

Get a Shearwater transmitter. 2 year warranty and unmatched customer service.

I think all the other brands of that same transmitter only give a 1 year warranty.

There was a thread about someone having a heck of a time with the short transmitter hose recently. Potentially a problem.

I don't use a hose for my tx. I used to bother with a label that said "not a handle" but I gave up on that a few years ago and still no problems. I think any DM who isn't a total noob is familiar enough with them not to lift your tank by the transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom