Transmitters position?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RLima

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've got 2 transmitters for my perdix and set them upwards on my configuration with backup spgs set downwards. If you use transmitters, how do you set them in your first stages?

I found that in this configuration they sink a little in my armpits and I worry that I may damage them this way.

I've been diving button spgs upwards, transmitters down.

Works for me.

I tried that and found the SPGs dug into my armpits, it annoyed the crap out of me. Just TXs on now.

Even with teensy tinsy button spgs?

It's actually a moot point for me as I dive *GASP* regs down

Even with teensy tinsy button spgs?
Yup 1"
175D514E-82A7-4CE2-9D24-3A0A84ECCDBD.jpeg

I only dive with transmitters. No SPGs at all. I mount my transmitters down to keep them out of the way and protected. You do need to angle to first stage a tiny bit because the first stage won't screw in all the way if they are pointing down at a 90 due to transmitter hitting the cylinder. It is just a tiny angle so no problem. Also angle them in towards you and not out or you will likely have issues with your bungees.

Ditch the SPG's and use just the transmitters. Better than POS button gauges, and practically speaking, if you lose your ability to monitor your gas, you're ending the dive anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom