Transitioning from Diviac to ANY OTHER Dive log: Is it possible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have logged over a hundred dive through Diviac which is okay, but has a lot of glitches.
You can download your log as an excel or CSV from Diviac. Is there any other (Ideally better) dive log system that you can import such a file in to?

Thanks for your help!

Hi DevilEyeDog,
Have a look at Subsurface, I think that will be your answer.

Will do. Thanks!

Thanks DivingLog
I have a Diviac CSV import in the latest beta, let me know if you want to try it.
I downloaded your app and was able to figure out how on the windows version to upload the CSV. If I purchase the Windows version does it transfer to android? I'm hoping to use the same account between multiple devices. Thanks! Looks great!

I saw that. So if I wanted it to work on multiple devices I have to buy the version for that device, correct? Also, I'm assuming at some point I can create an account so that my information on a laptop will be the same as my Android phone. It doesn't look like the free version allows you to create a account.
Thanks!

Google Play in-app purchases are valid for all of your Android devices with the same Google account. The Windows version can be also used on all of your Windows PC's, so there is only one PC purchase and optionally one Android purchase. There is no such thing like an account in Diving Log. All your logbook data is stored locally on your device. You can sync either locally via USB with your Android device or via cloud storage (e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.). But the data is always on your device or in your own cloud account.

Got it. So it can 'sync' because you maintain a file on dropbox, Right? Cool concept. Easy to always keep it up to date. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom