Transfers from Manilla to Blue Ribbon Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi guys, I am staying here this month and wondering what is the best and cheapest method of getting there?
Got a quote of P5000 one way from Manilla to the resort but this seems expensive.
How much do you pay and how do you get to this resort?

Hi guys, I am staying here this month and wondering what is the best and cheapest method of getting there?
Got a quote of P5000 one way from Manilla to the resort but this seems expensive.
How much do you pay and how do you get to this resort?
Have you contacted Blue Ribbon to see if they have some options?

Hi Ardy

Jon, the owner of Blue Ribbon here.

It's a 240km round trip, with tolls along the way and in bad traffic can take more than 6 hours. It is the going rate around the area, as you are looking at around 1000 pesos fuel, 1000 pesos for the driver, just under 1000 pesos on tolls, then car maintenance and then credit card fees and taxes. It is expensive for one person but gets cheaper with more people obviously, but it is a long way.

You can get a buss down for a few hundred pesos to Batangas and then get picked up by us for 2000 pesos, but that is still a two hour round trip.

You could also then get a jeepney from Batangas to Mabini, for next to nothing, but it goes right through San Pascual and Bauan which has horrible traffic which we avoid, and then a tricycle from Mabini to the resort. It really isn't a fun journey but the option is there.

Some people have tried with grab, a taxi service in Manila and we always end up having to argue with the driver's when they arrive as they want more money for the tolls and don't realise how far away we actually are. You could probably get a grab taxi for 3000 pesos but then agree to pay tolls, which would put it up another 1000 pesos, which is a very good price.

All local van businesses here charge is 4500, we then add 500 for bank charges and taxes that we incur.

Just let me know if you really want to travel the cheaper way and I'll give you additional details

Look forward to meeting you soon

Jon

Thanks trailboss, that is the quote I got. The option is a bit like a monty python skit:

1) Via public transportation: take a taxi going to Pasay, Buendia. Then take a bus going to Batangas Grand Terminal. From the Batangas Grand Terminal take a jeepney going to Mabini drop off Crossing. Then take a tricycle going to Ligaya, drop off Blue Ribbon Dive Resort.

If you get what I mean?

Hi Jon: I did not realise it was this far away from the airport and so difficult to get to. I did enquire about a closer airport but was told Manilla was the closest to you.

Hi Jon: I did not realise it was this far away from the airport and so difficult to get to. I did enquire about a closer airport but was told Manilla was the closest to you.
It is the closest.

Thanks, TB. I thought I had checked this out but obviously not. By the time I do the trip to Blue Ribbon which will be about 11-12 hours from Peters place, stayed 2 days diving at Blue Ribbon and then the 5-6 hour trip back to Manilla to fly out it's a lot of travelling for a couple of days diving.

I might stay longer at Peters Place or find something closer to the airport for a couple of days stay. I liked the sound of Blue Ribbon and reports on it were excellent, will stay there if I come back again.

Hi Ardy

Jon, the owner of Blue Ribbon here.

Jon

Hi Jon, thanks very much for your help but I have decided to stay either closer to Manilla or at the other resort I am booked into. Sorry to mess you around. Hope to see you next time I am diving in the Phillipines.
Ardy

If you go Sunday, less traffic, about 3 - 3.5 hours.
Also quicker if you are going against the traffic, leaving Manila in the morning and going to Manila at night.
There was 30km of bumper to bumper traffic going into Manila on Tuesday morning at 9am. Not bad leaving town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom