Training in Auckland Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boxcar Overkill

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any DIR type around Auckland that can give me a few classes in buoyancy and propulsion? I'll be there for a week in June for a conference, and I'd like to arrange some after work pool sessions, if possible.

If anyone knows of anybody, I sure would appreciate it if you gave their name and hopefully number.

Thanks.

Yes. Give Jamie at DiveHQ Greenlane a call. 09 520 7300.

Jamie has done GUE cave courses, is currently interning on the GUE instructor programme and should hopefully be a Fundies instructor by the end of this year. I've team-taught a PADI PPB class with Jamie, that has been modelled on Fundies, and almost any diver will take something away from it.

Disclaimer: I work part-time for DHQ-GL, so do have a certain bias here!

If you're after just pool stuff, the only real option is to use the Olympic pools in Newmarket to get some depth and space to move around.

If Jamie can't help you out, let me know - I can spend some time with you as well, and have some buoyancy clinics scheduled throughout winter.

Yeah, and it sounds exactly like what I need. Unfortunately, I won't know for certain if I get to go for a few more days. So I haven't been able to set anything permanent up with him yet. But I do thank you for the advice. I'll post back here if I get to make the trip.

Back
Top Bottom