Tragic death while diving in Cozumel 12/8/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eab

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Seems like an awful way to start the week of ScubaFest. I couldn't find anything online, and am hoping I have heard incorrectly.

Eileen

What?
Was this a dive accident?
We havent heard anything today (and ate dinner with a DM)

Reactions: eab
I heard (unconfirmed) of a diver death today in Cozumel. Nothing came up on a google search or on Por Esto.

I am in coz tonight...had dinner with the owner of a locall shop...have not heard a word...

Haven't heard of anything other than an ambulance brought a patient on a stretcher to the Calle 5 hyberbolic chamber clinic in the late morning.

Seems like an awful way to start the week of ScubaFest. I couldn't find anything online, and am hoping I have heard incorrectly.

Eileen

From another source I learned of the death of Lindsey McFadden in Cozumel on Dec. 8 who "passed away while scuba diving". I have no details.

From another source I learned of the death of Lindsey McFadden in Cozumel on Dec. 8 who "passed away while scuba diving". I have no details.

What I heard from someone very close to the event is that there was an existing (but unknown) medical condition that caused her death after surfacing from a dive. According to the information I got, her death was not related to the dive, it would have happened regardless of her location or activity.

Nothing in online news about Lindsey or Lindsay McFadden, but then much of what happens on Coz stays on Coz. This thread made google search yesterday for "diver death" but nothing about that name or Coz.

Back
Top Bottom