Solved: Trader Ratings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it was a very valuable feature that has been lost with the migration. I really miss it as I buy and sell on occasion. One would give and get both buyer and seller ratings (as appropriate) that resulted from trades/sales on this site.

It was this community rating each other and, overall, it was amazingly positive. The ratings kept things moving as nobody wanted a poor review.

And some real abusers were outed via ratings, PM me if interested as to whom.

Thanks to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, here is a pic of a newbie with a past trader history. One could check his rating/comments before putting money/goods on the line. Look at the top of the frame where you could either view his ratings or leave feedback:

Trader Rating.jpg

The forum used to be called "Classifieds".

I was about to post this request. Other forums have it (like itrader) and it is a great tool to look into a buyer and seller.
Please use the suggestion up/down voting system to the right of the OP to voice your opinion. We can use that to guide a decision.
Akimbo mentioned this in another thread. I would like to see the ratings make a comeback as well.

Akimbo mentioned this in another thread. I would like to see the ratings make a comeback as well.
I did the up arrow but I do think that it would make an obvious positive impact on the classifieds. Who doesn't want to know more about the person that they are dealing with..

I know there are free forum add ons like what they do for rcgroups.com classified section. One easy to view page shows all the positive, negative and neutral feedback of a user.

Back
Top Bottom