Tracking Service Dates on Equip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianS

Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking of making a small program where I can enter all of my items, when they were bought, how much, serial number and then also add Last Service Date and then Next Service Date and have it remind me like 2 months in advance.

Is there such a program already out there that does something like this?

Hmm, wouldn't a small Word or other WP files or maybe a spreadsheet file be enough? Add a calendar, paper or electronic, with the dates.

How often are you getting your gear serviced? I follow the once a year rule, not much diving for me right now. I usually get in touch with the shop mid February, before the spring rush.

You can track service history in your log book, and use any calendar program (e-mail client like Outlook) to set a reminder for next service.

Why create another program to maintain? Unless you like the programming side of things.. May even be able to sell it later on.. A customized MS Access DB will allow you to combine your logbook, equipment purchase, and service history (amongst other things).

PADI has an on line version to track equipment / service history...

I just keep it simple.. use my logbook.

Back
Top Bottom