Tourist dies while diving on Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen young, apparently physically fit divers blow through an AL80 in less than 25 minutes.

What also struck me as odd is that he was last seen at his safety stop where he signaled OK to the DM who apparently accompanied him there before descending to rejoin his group and finish the dive.

What could have possibly happened at that point to result in him going from being ok at 15' to lifeless on the bottom?

Bummer....diving one moment, gone the next! Sad...

What also struck me as odd is that he was last seen at his safety stop where he signaled OK to the DM who apparently accompanied him there before descending to rejoin his group and finish the dive.

What could have possibly happened at that point to result in him going from being ok at 15' to lifeless on the bottom?

Possibly a medical event.

But how automatic has the OK hand signal become?

It bothers me that divers get left at an SS, and then appear next as a floating body.

it's terrible. B&D is a pretty pedestrian divesite so i would suspect that the poor guy may have had a medical event as opposed to any 'over fatigue' etc.

very sad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom