Torches with external charge port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walde

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I really like torches that has external charge port so I don't have to worry about o-rings that often.
Currently I have Nanight tech 2 which has external charge port. Also Apeks Luna mini has external port, but the price for that is just too much.

Do you know other torches, big or small, which can be charged without opening the torch?

The Halcyon Flare EXP, though it won't be cheaper than the Luna... The charge terminals are on the outside so it doesn't ever open under normal circumstances.

The Underwater Light Dude's all charge with external charging docks and unlike the Halcyons you don't have to worry about galvanic corrosion when you dive. With the Halcyon they don't have a fet so the electricity comes backwards and you can actually watch the terminals give off bubbles when in the water so you have to clean them fairly regularly.
Again though, they aren't cheap, but external charging is expensive to implement.

In the price range it sounds like you're looking, Light & Motion's Sola series charge via external port. Money no limit, then yeah another mention for UWLD

Another mention for Light & Motion. Light monkey has their RS series (rotary switch lights) which are external charge as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom