Question Torch for tec and video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ma Nu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi divers,

I want to buy my first diving light and I wonder if there is a light that can serve as a primary light for tec diving trips (cave and mines) as well as a video lamp for a small Gopro set. Of course, safety always comes first, but it would be nice if there is something that covers both purposes. Is it even possible to attach a tank lamp to a gopro rig and does that make sense?

I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

Cheers Manu

A while ago I was looking for a similar system. The best options I could come up with were from Gralmarine or Under Water Light Dude.

Both companies make proper, reliable, very high quality canister lights for cave/mine/overhead environment where a primary light is not something you what to go cheap on. I really like Gralmairne (but they only support EU customers) because you can basically make a custom light setup for your needs. You pick the battery size then you pick the light head. They make narrow beam, wide video light beam and combination heads, also there batteries have two output post so you can run two separate light heads from one battery. Since your located in Germany maybe check out Gralmarine. I know there are a couple dealers in Germany and they are a very popular light that alot of EU divers use. The super nice thing is they have the LED duo half video head. has a video light and narrow spot in one head you can turn them on independently or both on at the same time.
082616_fcbc87d960774cf199521be6a000937a.jpg

Then there is also UWLD there reputation speaks for its self. I went with this light and could not be happier. Similar to Gralmarine but with less options they make a narrow beam and video light head. You need to buy a separate "stack cap" to run the two light head off one battery but it can be done. UWLD also makes a goodman handle that will hold your gopro and video light and primary light.

I recently dove my first couple of cave dives with my big blue 4800, having sold my expensive light monkey canister light. I have to say, I'm really impressed with how this light looks in the water. It's actually a better focal point and a very nice color. I'm never going back to a canister light. The handhelds are cheap enough so that you could buy two to get comparable burn time as a canister light, have redundancy and a few hundred bucks left over. We'll see how it holds up!

I think big blue has some light that you can switch from spot to flood mode for video, I don't really know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom