Topside in Provo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We will be in providenciales a day early for our trip with the Caribbean Explorer II at the end of next week (I don't trust airlines these days:no ), and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to do while we while away the hours waiting for our boat to leave. We are planning on renting a small car ( I hope! I can't seem to get the car rental agency to answer my e-mails.:huh: Is this typical down there? It is the agency that is part of my hotel, the Airport Inn.) Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks for your help. Woody

I found the Conch farm to be instructive, if you like learning about fascinating underwater critters!

Luego!

The airport inn is just that. Right at the airport. Clean and economical. I believe that Hertz and Budget have agents right at the airport. Other Provo rental companies will bring you a car at your hotel. The local agencies tend to run on Caribbean time and promptness is not a common attribute.

As to what to do: Checking out Grace Bay is a must. I would get there via the harbor at Turtle Cove. Stop at the Tiki Hut or Banana Boat for lunch. Good food and probably the least expensive places to eat. Check out some of the luxury yachts. The road continues on to Grace Bay. I would pull into the Sands Resort and have a drink at Hemingways. Right on the beach. Decent drinks if a bit pricey. Good place to go for a long walk on the beach and grab a swim. If you keep going you will hit Leeward Marina and the conch farm mentioned above. Not my cup of tea but hey c'est la vie. I used to tell people to head out to Northwest Point and see the beach at Malcolm Roads but I heard that it is now developed. Too bad. . .one of the best beaches in the world. Other than that there is not a lot to see on Provo. If you want dinner near the airport I can't really think of anything. The restaurants really start at Turtle Cove and streth out towards Leeward. You might want to consider a cab or no cocktails with dinner if you want some great food.

For dinner near the Airport Inn I recommend Fast Eddie's (island & American) and "Where It's At" (island & Jamaican; good jerk chicken).

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom