Top warm water diving locations for Octopus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozumel night dives on Paradise reef or SCC shore dive. Usually see at least 5, sometimes twice that.

I have seen them other places in daytime but not as many as at night in Cozumel.

that would be a good reason to go to SCC next trip for the shore diving nite dives.

The Fredricksted Pier shore dive in St. Croix is another great, warm water site to see a lot of Octopus, and seahorses and frog fish and other cool stuff!

Close: Blue Heron Bridge, Riviera Beach, Florida
Farther: Frederiksted Pier, St. Croix
Even Farther: Hawai'i
Real Far: Indonesia, Philippines

That list is also in order of cost to get there. I know others have said similar, but for day and night octo action, those are the best in my experience. Of course, Indonesia/Philippines will have much more variety, plus cuttlefish, more squid species, and just more of everything. :)

I have seen as many as 23 on a night dive at the Blue Heron Bridge!

I really need to get out there on a night dive! Every time I'm in town I miss it for one reason or another. Can't imagine what life must be like after the sun goes down.

Two favorite experiences just hanging with friends: Snorkeling in the giant clam beds off Lizard Island one afternoon. We started as a group of three and had a ball sharing the experience with our 8 armed buddy who joined in for at least an hour and followed us right into shore. Number 2 was years ago off the Turtle Farm on a night dive in Grand Cayman. As soon as we dropped down the first mooring ball from Macabuca, we met a very friendly and inquisitive guy who we stayed with until we had no choice but to say goodbye. Awesome memories!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom