Top Ten Dive Sites...let's hear 'em!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeaceDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Curious as to everyone's top ten sites in the Barrier Reef & Coral Sea. I'm particularly interested in sites in the northern part of the GBR, in keeping with the itineraries of boats like the Nimrod Explorer and Spirit Of Freedom.

Challenger Bay? Steve's Bommie? The Snake Pit? North Horn?

Fire away!

Steve's Bommie was my favourite. I also liked lighthouse bommie and pixie's pinnacle (especially for a night dive). Snake pit was cool too.

Curious as to everyone's top ten sites in the Barrier Reef & Coral Sea. I'm particularly interested in sites in the northern part of the GBR, in keeping with the itineraries of boats like the Nimrod Explorer and Spirit Of Freedom.

Challenger Bay? Steve's Bommie? The Snake Pit? North Horn?

Fire away!

North horn for the big fish, Steve's bommie for the little. Undersea Explorer for the boat. Raine Island for the tigers.

I'd second or third or whatever Steve's Bommie and North Horn on Osprey Reef. And my favorite all-time marine life dive remains the Yongala wreck, which is a bit south of Townsville.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom