Top 10 Ambergris Caye Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm in the process of writing an article on the Top 10 Best dives of Ambergris Caye and would like to know what your favorite most enjoyable dives were when you visited the island.

I found a survey site so put it on there you can vote and see the results

http://www.makeavote.net/mavgar7544.html

Thanks in advance for your contribution

I will start with one of my favorites

Hol Chan Marine Reserve The Cut

Without doubt the fishiest dive in Belize absolutely jam packed with shoals of fish resident morays tarpon Grouper etc

Only 30ft max if you catch this site on the incoming tide its is absolutely magical and full of life. Night diving is electric especially if you get in at dusk and watch the changeover from daylife to nightlife.

Gaz Cooper

Last edited:
I'm heading down March 27th so Not sure when you want to complete your article, but I'd be happy to add my two cent while I'm there.

Maybe you can help me as well I'm looking for a location or two for some good macro photography and a list of what to look for at those locations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tackle Box....fins down. :)

I'm heading down March 27th so Not sure when you want to complete your article, but I'd be happy to add my two cent while I'm there.

Maybe you can help me as well I'm looking for a location or two for some good macro photography and a list of what to look for at those locations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Rickey

My suggestion would be under the docks and some of the shallower dive sites such as Hol Chan (can be a tough current there though) Mexico Rocks on the inside of the reef is a real shallow site 10ft or so no current but lots of Patch corals they are shallow so lots of Ambient light and there all sorts of little critters such as mantis Shrimp, Cleaner shrimp, Blennies, etc

Since Macro photography requires pretty much being in one spot and really looking for those little critters its surprising what you can see when you actually look under the docks.

I used to teach under my dock and saw all sorts of little critters hell you might even see a Lion Fish and they are not shy and you might get a good Macro shot of that. (be sure to kill it and eat it after you get your shot :D )

Caye Caulker also has some Seahorses you can see from the shore cant rightly remember the exact location of them its been a while since I saw them but its common knowledge they are resident there.

Have a great trip

Gaz

Well not too many votes so far but interesting to see that Eagle Ray Canyons is out in front closely followed by Esmerelda with Cyprus Gardens clinging to the 3rd position.

Still anyones game if you have not voted please head on over to http://www.makeavote.net/mavgar7544.html only takes a minute or so.

Gaz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom