Tooth ID.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost95

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Tooth1.jpg Tooth2.jpg

C-

Sorry, can you guys help I'd this tooth. Found years ago when I was a kid. Not in Venice but near Pensacola.

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to doing Venice soon for a big one.

Thanks, C-

Looks like a Great White

I'd agree with that. Great White.

That's cool. I've only ever found a couple teeth here. This is the best. Looking forward to venice dive.

Thanks, C-

That's cool. I've only ever found a couple teeth here. This is the best. Looking forward to venice dive.

Thanks, C-
Very nice find. I've only got a couple of GW teeth, and none as nice as that.

I am certainly no expert but its size?, its color? and its age ? Indicates prehistoric fossilization

I suspect it is a fossilized Carcharocles Megalodon The close ancestor to the Carchardon Carcharias aka Great White Shark, aka GWS

Never the less a great find - a treasure - a heirloom to be passed on

Cheers

Sam Miller.111

I am certainly no expert but its size?, its color? and its age ? Indicates prehistoric fossilization

I suspect it is a fossilized Carcharocles Megalodon The close ancestor to the Carchardon Carcharias aka Great White Shark, aka GWS

Never the less a great find - a treasure - a heirloom to be passed on

Cheers

Sam Miller.111

Pretty sure it's a Great White. I've got dozens and dozens of megs, but only a couple of Great Whites.

Meg teeth are more round in the middle.. That tooth looks flatter.. Very nice tooth.. Nicer than any I ever found...

Jim..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom