Tools for Scubapro regulators or Air2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jetracer

Registered
Reaction score
I just got myself a set of Scubapro regulators (mk25/S600) and I need to get the tool to do basic things like removing the hose from my S600 or more advanced tasks down the road.

Anyone here has any scubapro tools that you no longer need I would love to buy them off you.

Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:
Keep a eye on ebay for used ones, they show up occasionally. Or buy new ones from Scubatools.com

Yup I am, I created a couple of saved searches on ebay so I can keep on eye out for them.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Many of these special tools have work-arounds or just serve to make the job faster. So, unless you have the $$$ to burn or find some really great deals, you may want to take a hard look before you buy. Scubapro is mighty proud of their multi-tool and there are many alternatives. Soft jawed pliers (or even a rag) will replace the spline tool needed to remove those damn scubapro hose connections. A pair of bent nose needle nose pliers will do an adequate job as an alternative to a pin spanner. The ambient chamber on a BP may require some tailored ingenuity but can be done without the special tool. I found a pin spanner on ebay that works fine. One of my first projects was to modify a 1" socket for use as a yoke nut socket. (Homemade yoke nut sockets - ScubaBoard Gallery) The one on the right is a 1/2" drive socket with a 1/4" drive insert for use with older style lighter yokes. I did buy the picks, a bullet tool (both pretty essential) and the Mk20/25 assembly tool. I'm sure I could have done without the assembly tool.

Good luck.

Many of these special tools have work-arounds or just serve to make the job faster. So, unless you have the $$$ to burn or find some really great deals, you may want to take a hard look before you buy. Scubapro is mighty proud of their multi-tool and there are many alternatives. Soft jawed pliers (or even a rag) will replace the spline tool needed to remove those damn scubapro hose connections. A pair of bent nose needle nose pliers will do an adequate job as an alternative to a pin spanner. The ambient chamber on a BP may require some tailored ingenuity but can be done without the special tool. I found a pin spanner on ebay that works fine. One of my first projects was to modify a 1" socket for use as a yoke nut socket. (Homemade yoke nut sockets - ScubaBoard Gallery) The one on the right is a 1/2" drive socket with a 1/4" drive insert for use with older style lighter yokes. I did buy the picks, a bullet tool (both pretty essential) and the Mk20/25 assembly tool. I'm sure I could have done without the assembly tool.

Good luck.

Wow thanks so much for pointing out these alternatives. I have a pretty good collections of tools that I collected throughout the years on varies DIY/repair projects so I might already have what's needed for some of what I want to do.

I will definitely spend some time looking through your suggestion and see if I can use what I already have or make some of the tools myself.

Thanks again for the pointers!!

---------- Post added November 6th, 2013 at 08:03 PM ----------

Good luck.

What did you use to cut the socket?

thx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom