Tool for Conshelf SE 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A dive friend of mine gave me a Conshelf SE2 reg set to verify because it was free flowing the main second.
The first test was to messure the IP. It was too high, reaching 14 BAR when the main second starts to free flow.
After dissasembly I could see that the only o-ring inside was too stiff and cracked. I guess this o-ring had more than 15 years.
Going to the point, the Conshelf service manual states that to assembly back the HP internals it's needed a special tool "High-pressure block guide (USD P/N III0-00)". It's possible to assembly the internals without that tool, but it's a nightmare.
So, impossible to buy that tool anywhere here, brain and hands to the CAD and I designed and 3D printed the tool.
Attached the STL files of the two parts.
IMG_7014.JPG
IMG_7015.JPG
IMG_7016.JPG

Attachments

• CSE2Tool.stl
    321.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Pusher.stl
    26.6 KB · Views: 83
A slight difference with the original tool (as to what I could see in the service manual) is that my tool is threaded to the reg body, which allows a better fit.

Reactions: Zef
I make those tools and have experimented with different materials. The issue I see with the printed ones is shaving of material by the circlip which gets into the reg. The clips WILL shave some softer steel so I can't imagine it would not shave plastic. It does not take much shaved material to cause issues.

... brain and hands to the CAD and I designed and 3D printed the tool.
Attached the STL files of the two parts. View attachment 667313 ...

Congrats on making the very useful tool.

It could be my old eyes, but your snap ring appears to be the wrong side up. The flat side should be up, not the rounded side.

img_7015-jpg.667313.jpg

Congrats on making the very useful tool.

It could be my old eyes, but your snap ring appears to be the wrong side up. The flat side should be up, not the rounded side.

View attachment 667718

I know that those seeger rings are made by stamping, The manual says that the "rounded side" should go facing down. But there was no such "rounded side" compared to a "sharp side". At least the difference was not notorious.

Back
Top Bottom