Took the plunge and bought equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice purchase! You did a good thing by spending a bit more an purchasing quality gear that will last!

Have fun breaking it in :D

Thanks everyone. We tried to buy equipment that we wouldn't out grow in a couple years.

Or like me you may find you outgrew it in less than that. Really sucked having to look at 1500 worth of gear and see that none of it would be optimal for the route I was taking. Would have been better off with lower priced stuff that would have done just as well. What I tell my students now. Don't listen to the shop that wants to "sell you the best". Cause fact is it's all good. You don't need "the best" for most likely a long time. And after some experience you find the best is not always the most expensive. In fact it may be the least.

Went ahead and bought our own equipment, hope it wasn't an expensive mistake. Not sure if we should have rented for a couple years or not.
Aqualung Lotus i3 and Dimension i3
2- Atomic B2 regs
2- Aqualung Mikron Octo's
2- SPG
Want to get computers later

NICE!!! Congrats on the purchase. Your equipment should last you a long time. I firmly believe that divers with their own gear are more likely to dive more. I hope you enjoy diving with it.

Cheers,
Roger

Back
Top Bottom