Too old to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They tell me there is a first and a last time for everything. My parents were of the "Greatest Generation". You know the ones. The World War 2 guys. The guys that would beat the **** out of anyone that told them that they would not be allow to fight in the war.

As for me, I am 56. I am painting the exterior of my home by hand and I have scheduled 14 blue water dive trips for 2009, for starters. "Can't" was just not a word I was raised with. There will always be an ample supply of guys around to tell you "you can't".

If you feel up to diving, then go diving.

I really love this thread. Life is about attitude. Do the best you can with what you've got. I'll quit when they are shoveling the dirt in my face, and maybe not even then. I have to grow old, I don't have to grow up.

Keep up the good work guys and girls and thanks for the continued inspiration.

Dave

Great thread , and that was just toooooooooo funny of an opening story line:rofl3:

Hi old timers!!! {i include myself},
I went to see an exhibit yesterday called "Body Works". It was fasinating to say the least. On the walls were huge posters with photos and on the buttom a quote from different famous people. The one the caught my eye and I'm sure its relavent for all of us who have written to this thread.
"Aging is an issue of 'mind over matter', if you don't mind it doesn't matter'". Mark Twain what more can I say it says it all!
Rauven Schneider

Hi old timers!!! {i include myself},
I went to see an exhibit yesterday called "Body Works". It was fasinating to say the least. On the walls were huge posters with photos and on the buttom a quote from different famous people. The one the caught my eye and I'm sure its relavent for all of us who have written to this thread.
"Aging is an issue of 'mind over matter', if you don't mind it doesn't matter'". Mark Twain what more can I say it says it all!
Rauven Schneider
Hi, thanks. I was cleaning a small wound on the bottom of a 90 year woman one time, and had to take a picture of the wound for our records. The lady asked to see the picture, and when she did she started crying. She said "I was an actress; I used to have a beautiful bottom!" I felt so bad that after that I made sure I got a picture of the wound only, not the whole bottom, so I wouldn't devastate some old lady!

Back
Top Bottom