Too funny!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well, for me at least.

I finally got my Manifold and Hog doubles hose kit last week. I just finished putting everything on it's new hoses, and setting my regs up on the (naked) manifold.

So I decided to do a dry run on things. With the manifold resting on my shoulders, I was practicing donating the long hose and switching to my bungied backup with my eyes closed. Suddenly I felt my longhose reg jerk out of hand. I opened my eyes and I found myself doing an OOA drill with my 5 year old boy! :rofl3: I thought it was quite amusing that I don't even have the manifold on tanks yet, and I've got my partner to practice drills with.

Here's another oddity from my diving this past weekend. This was my first dive outing without a console. Just a bare SPG, and BT on my wrist. BTW, I LOVE this setup. Anyway, I decided to check my air level every five minutes, just for the practice of clipping and un-clipping the SPG from behind the deco bottle. It deffinately got easier every time I did it. But I noticed after several of my dives, that my SPG was actually clipped off to the clip of my deco tank.

Has this happened to others? Seems odd that with that relatively giant D-ring, that I would be clipping into the small eye of my deco sling. I never had any problems removing the SPG though. Just odd I thought. But then again, I was using the tank sling to identify the D-ring.

Comrade Stroke

I don't necessarily unclip my SPG to look at my pressure. I tuck my head down and I can see the SPG without unclipping it. If I have my deco tank attached, it is a little harder but I can still tuck my head down, move the tank over and see the gauge without unclipping it...

I have had your situation happen once before, it does happen. Practice, like its sounds you are doing.

Very funny!

Michael

HBDiveGirl managed to clip off to a rubber chicken once . . . :D

TSandM:
HBDiveGirl managed to clip off to a rubber chicken once . . . :D
Wouldn't that make a great drill ... instead of practicing OOA's you could practice "kissin' the chicken" ... ::D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Wouldn't that make a great drill ... instead of practicing OOA's you could practice "kissin' the chicken" ... ::D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ok, this has put a rather twisted image in my head. I can see a LARGE rubber chicken, with the reg hose routed through the body, and the regulator in the head. The "beak" would be ove the mouthpiece. So as you are diving, all people see is you "kissing" (passionately I might add :shakehead ) a big chicken. Should make OOA drills more interesting for sure!

Comrade Stroke

fire_diver:
Ok, this has put a rather twisted image in my head. I can see a LARGE rubber chicken, with the reg hose routed through the body, and the regulator in the head. The "beak" would be ove the mouthpiece. So as you are diving, all people see is you "kissing" (passionately I might add :shakehead ) a big chicken. Should make OOA drills more interesting for sure!

Comrade Stroke
Major Digression Warning ...

I once toured China with a large rubber chicken sticking its head out the top of my backpack ... made it REAL EASY to meet people ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom