Tonga whale swim trip Aug 10th - 22nd, 2015 and Sept 5-16th, 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maui Finn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Aloha,

Since 2006, I have organized small groups to snorkel with whales in Tonga. I take 4 people on 11 day adventures dedicated to observing and photographing Southern Hemisphere Humpback whales. These are specialized trips for people who want more than a bucket list experience.

The goal of the trip is to find whales that are open to a mutual encounter. This is when the whales are as curious about us as we are of them. When we find whales that show behavior we know from experience that might lead to a mutual interaction we will will slide into the water and swim until we can see the whales. Then we float and let the whales get comfortable with us. If we are patient and not aggressive the payoff could be hours and hours of snorkeling with these majestic creatures. For information please check this link. and check out the travel page.

As of this writing there is space for two people on each trip.

Aloha!

Underwater Ballet.jpgdoug.jpgDSC_7484.1.web.jpg

2015 Guided Underwater Photography Tours with Professional Underwater Photographer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom