Tonga humpbacks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetPup

Weedy Sea Dragon
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm planning to head to Tonga in 2018 to find me some humpbacks to photograph:clearmask:

I know this means going in southern hemisphere winter more or less, but does anyone know whether it's better to go earlier or later? Can anyone who has been recommend a better month to go? I still have some degree of flexibility with work, but need to lock in dates in the next few weeks before my schedule fills up.

Thanks in advance :coffee:

Last edited:
Ta :)

Googled his website. His tours are all August and September, so I'd say that's a good bet!

Check Caine De Lacey's FB RocDoc I think he's heading to Tonga in 2018
He's going to Moorea. Tonga's easier.

And I'm saving FP for a longer trip. Fakarava Pass and Chopes :D

You forgot one part of you're FP trip - Rangiroa ... don't forget basket blong titi :wink:

I hope Chopes looked more chope-ish when you get there than what I got lol.

Excuse me madam, why do you have 50kg of excess baggage?

Ummm...cameras, dive gear, and surfboards?

:acclaim:

Anyway, seems like August or September for Tonga. Time to research...

There is an extensive guide to the Tongan humpbacks on my site - glad to answer any questions....

Here is the link: The Complete Guide to the Humpback Whales of Tonga

Don

Tonga.png

BTW WP - Raimanas hotdog stand at Chopes has boards for hire. I inspected them closely - big ones, lil ones, long ones, short ones - you could always consider that option..you won't need your surfboard at range or faka.

Back
Top Bottom