Tokina 10-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xavier Berges

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!

So us sony aps-c shooters (a6000/6300/6500) can reportedly use the tokina 10-17mm with a converter (like metabones) and the appropriate ports. I've seen comments about it on Backscatter (positive) and uwphotographyguide (neutral to negativa, because of focus mostly).

I'm curious, is there any user here that has had experience with that lens and sony aps-c cameras that can share some photos and provide a little bit more context to it's performance.

It has been widely touted as one of the best lenses ever made for uw photos. The look I've seen from people using that lens is amazing...

I'm debating on wether to dip my toes into it, but would like to speak to somebody with more use that can give context\feedback.

Cheers to all!

I’m planning to get this setup (sony a6000 and Tokina 10-17 with mc-11 adapter). Has anyone tried this already?

I have used the tokina 10-17 with a metabones adapter and sony a6300 for a while now and it is the best lens i have tried yet. I did not experience any issues with focusing, and after making a custom zoom gear for the lens, it is working like a charm. Here are some pictures i took with this lens.

Attachments

• _DSC4757.jpg
    _DSC4757.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 52
  • _DSC4776.jpg
    _DSC4776.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC04054.jpg
    DSC04054.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 49
  • manet (1 of 1).jpg
    manet (1 of 1).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 48
I'm shooting the Tokina 10-17 with the Sigma MC-11 adapter on an A6100. Nauticam housing, Zen glass mini dome.

It's my setup ~90% of the time. Autofocus works great, and it's a tiny dome setup.

Back
Top Bottom