Tofo - Liquid Adventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belushi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi
To those who have dived Tofo, can anyone make any comment on Liquid Adventures?
Are they a group that can be recommended or otherwise?
TIA

I dove with them for several days. I would recommend Diversity, though I did not dive with them. Liquid Adventures is okay, people are nice enough, but very disorganzied. Further more, they enforced a 45 minute bottom time (on shallow dives) which I thought was crap since I had tons of air and the diving is not cheap. The updside is you get more input on where you dive, but overall I think I would dive with Diversity next time, they seemed to have very good DMs (but again, not first hand).

All diving is priced the same wherever you go. Diversity just seemed the most knowledgable and together. Tofo seemed solid too, but you will def have full boats with both those guys in the busy season.

Just my two cents.

Hi!
I would like to go to Tofo in November. Is that part of the busy high season?
How ba are the currents in Tofo?
Are there dangerous sharks like bull sharks?

November is just before the start of our holiday season , and shouldn't be too busy - I went at that time of year and it was reasonably quiet .

The currents can be pretty strong , the DM will call off the dive if the subsurface currents are dangerous . Be prepared to do negative entries .

The sharks generally seem to stay away from divers , they don't seem to like the bubbles and noise .

Belushi:
Hi
To those who have dived Tofo, can anyone make any comment on Liquid Adventures?
Are they a group that can be recommended or otherwise?
TIA
I Have seen the operation met the guys (seem to be nice enough) but have never dived with them - I use Tofo scuba - Nicky and John are true professionals I go there every December

I did my PADI open water and my PADI advanced through Liquid Advetures. Not only where they incredibly hospitable they made me feel extremely comfortable throughout my dives. They are very organised and have a great safety record compared to other dive centres in the area.

Overall I highly reccomend Liquid Adventures and I can't wait to dive with them again!
Greville

Hi All,
We did the July run with Liquid Adventures, 10 Divers was excellent, We did a Whales Shark run as Well. Cindy and Paul run a tight ship putting Diver Safety First. I will recomend getting wet with them anytime. And if the Weather Turns take the kayak's to the Island also well worth doing. Paul will hook you up with the Chef for a Peri Peri Crab Lunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom