Tofino Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akirawut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know who in the Tofino area offers 2 dive charters on the weekends? Looking for something this weekend, will be by myself (ie needs to be a guided trip, or at least instabuddy), with my own gear.

Found one place that seemed a bit expensive, so any recommendations would be appreciated.

-Tom

That is some serious money for a day of diving. Yikes.

Haha! that's assuming the trip even goes out. A lot of those Prince Rupert trips get cancelled due to lack of attendance... go figure... It is a pretty long trip on a slow ex-fishing boat to get out to any decent sites, though. But if you do get a chance to dive (out of the harbour) up there - its spectacular!

$25 off with your own gear. Not quite enough to get me on board. Looks like I need to drive people and surfboards around anyways so no diving this time anyways.

Oh well.

I dove last September with Ocean Planet Adventures (Tofino Scuba Diving - Ocean Planet Adventures - Tofino's Dive Centre). The diving was expensive, but I was really surprised at how good it was. It was my first time diving in Western Canada, and I didn't expect much. I did expect it to be freezing cold, but it really wasn't too bad. The diving is very different than what I was used to - no colorful tropical fish, but the ocean floor and coral were really colorful and healthy. I was really surprised and impressed. And the guys at Ocean Planet were awesome. I get the sense that they aren't very busy. I hope they stay in business. Oh and the boat trips to our dive sites were about as picturesque as you could imagine. Big thumbs up!

Resurrecting my own thread. Never did make it out that way diving before, but going to be camping out there on the long weekend in Sept. Want to have a stab at it again, but without paying for the _expensive_ charter. Anyone have any recommendations as far as shore dives anywhere near Ucluelet or Tofino. Preferably nothing too hectic as far as currents or navigation.

Thanks,
-Tom

I came back last week end from an amazing dive week end.The company is called Pacific Pinnacle scuba adventures.The price very reasonable and I met some pretty awesome people who I now can call friends.These guys were organized and really knew their stuff and I was able to take some amazing pics while I was diving.I highly recommend them. :)

Pacific Pinnacle Scuba AdventuresDive Charter Booking - Pinnacle Scuba Adventures

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately nothing on their schedule appears to line up. Too bad!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom