Today's McKenzie Bight (Saanich Inlet) photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love that composite pic. It does not give a true perspective of how big that rock really is though, should place Al behind it.

Love that composite pic. It does not give a true perspective of how big that rock really is though, should place Al behind it.

I wished there were some divers in that photo, but I turned around early (I still use a primitive Al80) and was by myself. Al and Richard caught up with me again towards the end of the dive, but by the I'd forgotten to try to take another photo. I'll have to try to take some more during future dives with some point of reference for scale.

Two buddies and I were there early Saturday morning. We were just returning from seeing the Cloud Sponge and were at about 77 feet when we had a sea lion come and check us out. I have never seen one there and was not expecting it so it gave me a bit of a surprise.

It seemed about 8-10 feet long - perhaps a male Stellar's.

Two buddies and I were there early Saturday morning. We were just returning from seeing the Cloud Sponge and were at about 77 feet when we had a sea lion come and check us out. I have never seen one there and was not expecting it so it gave me a bit of a surprise.

It seemed about 8-10 feet long - perhaps a male Stellar's.

We had the same thing happen to us last year at Xmas PT, the sea lion was just to fast for Mark to take a picture.

Al

Back
Top Bottom