Today's Dive 28/6/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a call last night from some Scallop divers that asked if I'd like to tag along for the dive and maybe take a few pics.

The dive was a drift dive, a couple of miles off the north coast of the island, max depth was 20m, viz was 4-5m.

Wasn't really too sure what the best lens option would be, so I decided to go for the 24-85mm in a macro port, although I regretted not having the macro on by the end of the dive.

I did managed to find a few new critters though although I didn't really do too well in getting the pics. To make up for it I have got a scallop dinner tonight, kindly donated by the lads!!

bloodyhenry.jpg

fanworms.jpg

eggcase.jpg

scallop.jpg

fanworms2.jpg

blennyscallop.jpg

Looks like you did well enough! I love the egg case.

All are excellent photos with great color and detail.

AWESOME pics!!!
Whats the diving like in the UK around August??? I'm heading to London and Leister (sp?) in mid august and was wondering if I should bring my diving stuff... I'm not there for very long and the purpose of the trip is to see my ailing grandfather... whats close to those areas suitable for OW dives???

boney:
AWESOME pics!!!
Whats the diving like in the UK around August???

It's the warmest month, so you should be ok without a drysuit, viz should be pretty good then too :wink:

I'm not too sure about the diving in the mainland, but it might be worth you posting a thread in the "UK Wreck Ferrets" section on this board, I'm sure that they'd have a better idea than me.

Yes, very nice shot of the egg case! Maybe you can find it again in a few weeks to show the development of the embryo. I think the blenny is waiting for you to open that scallop for a free handout....what a hoot.

Great shots. Blennies always come through don't they?

Jet likes! Very nice egg shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom