Tobermory Fatality this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
No details to speak of at this point, but apparently there was a fatality on the weekend. A relatively novice diver, part of a shop "invasion" in town. The only information I have is third hand, but apparently the individual was quite obese and over-weighted. The accident occurred on the Caroline Rose wreck.

I've not seen anything in the media at this point.

Apparently the shop owner has referred to it as a medical situation. They had 80 plus folks in town.

Yeah, I too heard unconfirmed third hand through some small charter operators. Very little information.....

Apparently the shop owner has referred to it as a medical situation. They had 80 plus folks in town.

If there were 80+ in town, some word should be leaking out.

If there were 80+ in town, some word should be leaking out.
80+ in their shop trip. It's a good shop, and well run. I don't know the relationship between the diver and the shop... guest, student, former student.

That's a little different from other info leaked. He was apparently seen seizing while ascending?

That's a little different from other info leaked. He was apparently seen seizing while ascending?

I'm not sure how one would recognize a seizure as a person goes rocketting past, but in any event, that would certainly qualify as a "medical event".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom