Tobago - hotels and dive ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trigfunctions

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone recommend good lodging and dive operators in Tobago? Air conditioning and even refrig in room or apartment would be great. How far is the trip from airport to good lodging/diving? Thanks!

Hey there -- we were in Tobago last Christmas and stayed at the Arnos Vale Apartments. We found them on Tobago - myTobago Holiday Accommodation & Tourist Information Guide That website is fantastic -- lots of great info. I wish there were such a site for all diving locales!

Here's the review I wrote for them on the apartment (full kitchen)

We had 2.5 weeks in Victor and Ursaline Forde's immaculate 2 bedroom apartment. We stayed over Christmas and their hospitality included bringing us a Christmas tree and ornaments to decorate as well as a full Christmas dinner delivered to us by Victor. We got their leftovers and they were the best leftovers I've had! It was a great chance to sample real Tobago home cooking. Everyday they stopped by to say hello and make sure we had everything we needed. They were friendly but unobtrusive. (Invite Victor for a glass of wine and he'll have just a small splash – you can pick his brain about things to do on Tobago!)

Our apartment was cleaned regularly and linens changed often. The entire property is spotless. We did not have a single crawly bug in 2 weeks which is quite remarkable for ground floor Caribbean!

The orchard is lovely and every morning we awoke to the chatter and song of many birds.

The apartment is a very comfortable home for travelers and is central to many great Tobago places. Within 20 minutes drive, we had many great beaches, restaurants and attractions. Very handy spot for getting to a wide variety of dive sites.

Highly recommended!

We dove with World of Watersports and we were very well looked after. Marvin, Kim and Dion took us out every day and we had them to ourselves most days. They took us north to Speyside, and south to some great deep diving in rocking currents. We also had gentle dives. Just a lot of fun really. A great trip.

Let me know your other questions -- glad to help.

We're heading out to Tobago tomorrow. Drop me a note in two weeks and I'll give you a report.

Fred

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom