To The Beach Crabs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I don't know where to start, so I will just get to the point.

I started organizing dives/picnics/boats, a few years ago, to give divers a place to meet and dive, above and beyond the usual once a month dive schedule of others. This worked great and went good for awhile. I decided to step it up a few notches and organize a tight knit group. What came of that was the Beach Crabs.
I started the Beach Crabs as a place for new divers to have a place to join other divers, with more experiance, to learn from others, and enjoy beach and boat diving, here in SoCal. As time goes on, the once new divers, find buddies, and most move on, to come back every once in a while, to dive with the Beach Crabs again. This is fine, and everyone has the right to do so. I have seen many, come and go. Most have been concidered close friends of mine. They are always replaced by a new core group.
Sometimes it is hard to not dive with buddies I have become friends with, But, then I look at all the people I have helped, taught, and all this just organizing dives. I have started a base foundation for a lot of divers to build on. I want to thank every last one of you, for being there, for making the Beach Crabs what they are.

I am going into surgery tomorrow, for a wrist problem. I will be out of commission for awhile. I am needing your help now. Please keep this great group going, and continue to give the new divers, and inexperianced divers, a place to dive, picnic, and discover the wonders that we have here, in SoCal.

I will be back, and I will still do what I can in this forum. But, it looks like I may not be diving for a while.

Thank you,
Rick

Rick, I've only been on one dive with the BC's (which was a blast), but have watched this group grow to become one of the friendliest, most organized and responsible groups I've seen, diving or otherwise. I have headed a group of 300+ members before, and know the time and effort it takes to make any of these events not just happen, but happen at a level that makes it so much fun for everyone involved. I am sure some of the other Crabs will step up a hold the reins until you can get back to being overworked.:D

Good luck on the surgery! I hope you are back in the water soon.

Many thanks Rick for all you've done for the Beach Crabs. One of the hardest things to do as beginner divers is to find buddies to dive with. Having this board and group definitely helps in that respect.

Rick,

I certainly would like to help when I can. I felt extremely welcomed when I first met the Crabs and I would like to repay the favor to the next new divers just like the movie, "Pay It Forward". =D

Good luck with the surgery and see you in the water soon!

-M.E.

Of course, Rick!
Your passion and organizational skills will be dearly missed,
but we'll do our best!
:)
Good luck!

Good luck on the surgery Rick, I'm sure you will be back diving very soon. Your group is outstanding and I'm sure someone will take up the helm.

Positive thoughts for your surgery Rick! Now...you might not be able to dive for a bit....but you can still type with one hand!! I know...I always do it..:dork2:

Good luck Brother :14:

The wrist situation could be worse...at least you're not going blind...:wink:

Good luck with the surgery my friend! I think the Beach Crabs will support each other during your very temporary absence from the water. You have gathered a damned fine group of divers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom