To Remove The Nylon Strap....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanBMW

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
it is very important that you hit the "screw and bushing", but not the screw head with a mallet, a hammer or the end of a screw driver. How is that possible with the screw and bushing inside the fin pocket and the screw is captive? Does anyone know? Locktite is on the threads.

I am trying to replace the canvas strap and cannot get the philips screw to come loose. Locktight is on the thread and I am hesitant to apply heat to it. Any suggestions?

You should be able to insert an allen wrench in the back of the bushing to hold it while loosening the screw.

What @SPEARIT said. It’s a bit fiddly to get in there but I use an Allen key tool hold the back while I unscrew the front.

There is a philips head screw on the outside and inside there is the threaded brass bushing. It might be difficult to hold the bushing while I try to unscrew the philips head screw. The instructions say to break the loctight before trying to unscrew as that might strip the threads !

I was finally able to get a pair of locking plies to grip on the inside bushing. All is good !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom