To go liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all, hope to get a little advice from those that know...

The wife and I are going to be in Belize for 10 days in March and were wondering, are liveaboards worth it? Now, dont get me wrong, I would love to dive all day and night but the question really comes from the standpoint of if we were going to do some of the larger priced dives (blue hole etc) does it start to net out? The price for food, lodging, and diving doesnt seem to be that bad but I have a feeling I could probably spend a lot less if I arranged everything (lodging, food, dives) individually.

Maybe my question should be what would it cost to dive 5-7 days including transfers, park fees and transportation to the places offered on a typical live aboard trip?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Ask yourself the question - Am I going on this vacation to dive or am I going on vacation and would like to do a few dives.

If the answer is the second part then the answer on probably no it's not worth it. If the answer is to dive then yes it is probably worth it.

I go to dive and I look at the cost from two approaches - #1. What is the total cost and can I afford it and #2 what is to cost "per dive" for this trip.

A Belize liveaboard is probably around 25 dives. Where as the land based is two and maybe three a dives day. Which do you personally want? That is the key question!

FYI: My kids and I are doing the PH Liveaboard in Belize this July - just to let you know what I think about them.

BTY: If you have never done a liveaboard - you should - just for the experience if nothing else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom