To Find A Job In Scuba Gear Marketing/r&d ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OlivierP

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently working in consulting firm, which is specialized in the construction field. As a civil engineer, my job is to help the manufacturers (Knauf, Saint-Gobain, LafargeHolcim...) to developp new products that wil meet the market demand.
As so, my job goes from market studies with interviews of relevant actors, small calculations (*), to recommandations that take into accounts all the technical and marketing aspects of a product.

*: As a civil engineer, I have studied many technical fields as structure, thermic, acoustic, fire... Thus i can understand the problematic and the technicals aspects/concepts of each field, but my abilities in calculation are limited since I am not specialized in any of it (let's say I can do calculations but I have to go back into my books and it takes me 3 more times than a specialized engineer).

What I do is interesting, I love the technicals aspects of my job, and there is always to learn. The problem is I stay 90% of my time behind a computer, and there is a little bit a lack of passion.

--> So, does anyone know if scuba gear manufaturers recruit in their marketing/R&D teams?

Because, as I imagine it (I may be wrong): this could be an awesome job: developping new scuba products (market studies, R&D...) , then go test them yourself while diving, and finally adjust them...

This would enable me to keep a job with all those marketing/technical aspects; while diving, which is a passion for me (and it would maybe enable me to be less in front of a computer...).

I have been looking for it on a lot of manufacturers websites, but none seems to recruit for such a job. I guess I could contact them directly, and I will, but I would like to have some feedback before.

So, if anyone has some information/contacts... I would be very greatfull.

Thanks for reading this long post :wink:

First rule of Scuba applies: Don't hold your breath! Most manufacturers look to talented divers within their organization for this. If you don't have the contacts, then you're probably not going to find that job. Good luck though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom