To Clear Up Any Confusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeteroDefenseLeague

Registered
Reaction score
After taking OW, then AOW along with various courses from ANDI, SSI, SSA, NASDS, TDI etc, I took a DIR-F from GUE at Wakulla then CCR class where we discussed PPO2's and deco using VPM's along with Haldean algorithms then flew our ECCR YBOD's in SCR mode during deco then went OC with our OC/DSV's monitored by our VR3's in oc mode using a 4th 02cell for realtime po2 then bailed out to 02 near 3m while on dives to 200 FSW at 1000mb's approaching 6 atm's consuming 50 bars so I could calculate my RMV's and co2 production.

I hope this clears up an confusion the unitiated might have.....have I missed any explanatory acronyms or initials?

HeteroDefenseLeague:
...OW...AOW...ANDI, SSI, SSA, NASDS, TDI ...DIR-F...GUE...CCR...PPO2...VPM...ECCR YBOD...SCR...OC...OC/DS...VR3...02 ...3m...200 FSW...1000mb...6 atm...RMV...co2...

I hope this clears up an confusion the unitiated might have.....have I missed any explanatory acronyms or initials?
No, but I'm suprised with all your training you skipped NSS-CDS and IANTD.
Also why measure in bar if you can use psi? Why did you switch from eCCR mode to SCR mode instead of mCCR mode? Is that SOP with you SOBs?

I do admire your guts to admit that your GUE trained yet choose a YBOD instead of an RB80. Neither JJ nor GI3 are going to be happy about that. Don't be suprised if your DIR-F c-card doesn't get renewed. While I admire your guts, I think that pSCR would have been a better choice than the eCCR you picked. Less chance of an SOS.Though I'm sure PSP, BJD69 and SUB60 will disagree with me. In that respect they always do, but no matter what they say, I rather have a MK15.5 or C-L MK-5p. The MK15, MK16, BMR500, CCR1000 and CCR2000, as well as the C-L MK1-4 and PVR-BASC don't do much for me. The KISS is pretty decent, though. At least get a HH with LED HUD and DIVA.

Then again I went with a PRISM with LED HDD. Which will soon be replaced by a dc running true RGBM but will also be mounted as a HDD. An HSE for backup, running the same alg, and I'm set. Yours was tested to CE by DERA, mine to NAVY by CSS and EDU. AFAIK that CE cert isn't much more than a sales permit for the EC, even the OMGs passed, with a WOB off the scale till the hoses fall of. Then it breathes beatifully, albeit rather wet when UW.

:D cs7

yeah, what he said.....

But I am getting soon a non-HH non DIVA DIVA from AP although the YBOD HUD is not as cool as the SM P-HDD.....so for now I will have to settle for SM's 6-13 mesh SL, but that is SOP for SoCalers.

HeteroDefenseLeague:
non-HH non DIVA DIVA from AP although the YBOD HUD is not as cool as the SM P-HDD..... ...SM's 6-13 mesh SL, but that is SOP for SoCalers.
APD's 4LED HUD looked pretty nifty at DEMA, the pics at JWB's RB site are mine. By the way, SMI's absorbant is 8-12 mesh SS, and it's used from NY to FL and back to CA. SL is from the UK, DS from the FRG. :wink:

cs7

caveseeker7:
No, but I'm suprised with all your training you skipped NSS-CDS and IANTD.

:D :D :D

WOW (Where oh where) did I come up with 13, considering I am afflicted with TDP, aka Triscadcaphobia. I know it is 12.....I thought WRG's SS was either 4-8 or 6-12, not 8-12 although UK based MP's SL was available in 8-12, hopefully I won't notice an increase in WOB for 8-12 over 4-8 in my YBOD.

Back
Top Bottom