"to Catch A Predator" Personal Shocker!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Jay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Its late here so I can't call my friends till morning, but wow I wanted to share this with somebody! I was watching "To catch a predator" tonight when who do I see but an old drinking buddy walk into a house in Flagger Beach FL expecting to meet a 14 year old girl!! Now granted I have not seen this guy for a good 5 years or so, and we wern't exactly close, but one never expects to see someone they personally know on that kind of show. This may not seem that remarkable to anyone else, but wow when i saw him i almost choked on my ham and cheese sandwich!! Alright well just wanted to share.....WOW

J

:shocked:

i was at a work christmas party last year - a few hundred people were there and i was being over protective of the almitychild as normal

hubby told me to relax and let her wander off... i told him that statistically amoung his group of friends at this fuction there were child molesters, rapists, wife beaters ect

he gave me the usual she loosing her mind look but statistically its to be expected.

oh, and i hope the they cut your old friends...... well you get the picture... im VERY protective of minors!

LoL Im with you on the slice and dice. As I said "friend" is a stretch....I know the stats but you never expect that someone YOU know could be a sicko...

Scuba-Jay:
Its late here so I can't call my friends till morning, but wow I wanted to share this with somebody! I was watching "To catch a predator" tonight when who do I see but an old drinking buddy walk into a house in Flagger Beach FL expecting to meet a 14 year old girl!! Now granted I have not seen this guy for a good 5 years or so, and we wern't exactly close, but one never expects to see someone they personally know on that kind of show. This may not seem that remarkable to anyone else, but wow when i saw him i almost choked on my ham and cheese sandwich!! Alright well just wanted to share.....WOW

J

Ted Bundy

:11:

Vigilance

Some people will completely surprise you. Glad he was caught, sorry you had to get such a shock.

I live in a small town. We have a few here. The strange thing is they aren't on the map the Sheriff's Dept. offers to the public.

Oh I kind of know what a surprise something like that can be. Years ago when I was living in a northern suburb of Chicago and reading the weekly suburban paper I was going through the police report when I saw a cousin of mind had been picked up on an outstanding warrant.

Turns out a few years earlier he had gotten a speeding ticket in NY went to court and beat the ticket. The court there screwed up and listed him as a no show and issued a warrant for his arrest. That's the short of it but I guess it doesn't matter if it's a big or small thing seeing someone you know in the news getting arrested is always an OMG moment.

Of course it it's something major get them off the street.

Scuba-Jay:

J

The one in Fort Myers netted a former student of mine. The sad part is, what you see on Dateline is probably only the tip of the iceberg!:shakehead:

erparamedic:
Another scumbag off the streets.

Sorry it had to be someone you used to know.

You would like to think, but I was TOTALLY shocked watching a "behind the scenes' version of CNBC. At the end, they listed who got want sentencing wise. This is by recollections, but of the 10 perps, only 3 got over a year. There were at least 2 maybe 3 that got 1 day in jail and 2-3 years of probation....1 DAY!

One guy was a repeat suspect on the Predator show and had gone to court the day before for the 1st crime.....

Amazing, simply amazing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom