to bring or not to bring weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tangent comment: the overweight fee on luggage on international flights is often a lot more than just checking another bag, so you want to confirm you are either underweight or check the rules to decide whether you should buy another bag. Not sure about other flights but a flight back from Indonesia had an overweight fee of ~$250.
Overweight fee is not the same as extra bag fee. Basically, if your bag is 4 pd over the allowance, which is 50 pd in most cases, you'll pay like for a 4 pd package sent by air mail.

…didnt know if it was a normal thing to bring our weights.....

I would skip the weights. The boat will have them. To be certain, simply ask when you board and before the boat departs the slip. If the Captain or DM on the charter for some strange reason doesn’t have them, their supporting shop should source them.

Nonetheless, I would skip taking weights with me. Use that weight allowance for something else.

<<Overweight fee is not the same as extra bag fee>> That's what I was saying. I'm emphasizing to not assume that being overweight is only going to be a small per pound overage fee and that bringing an additional bag might be cheaper than the overweight fee.

An international flight I took previously had a flat rate fee of $200+ for any overage, while the additional bag fee was like $75. We bought a cheap bag.

Regardless, check with your carrier before assuming. The paperwork with your ticket might explain.

I’m OCD about weird things.. probably things I shouldn’t be.. my weights are the belt weights (I use a free diving belt)…
They go with me

Generally speaking: Hard weights no problem. Soft weights will not be available

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom