Titanium band for Teric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keesmon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good afternoon happy Shearwater owners.
Please don't destroy me for this:
I just used my stimulus check to get a blue bezel Teric and (coming from an Oceanic Atom) am just completely floored by the capabilities of the device.
It's like a night and day difference in ability and ease of use.

I am researching the possibility of adding a black titanium strap to it, and see if I like the looks of it.
Kind of like the Garmin Descent with the titanium band:
Garmin Descent™ MK1 | Dive Computer | Dive Watch
Has anyone gone down that road with any luck?
I've found several "straight pin" 22MM straps online, but I'm not convinced that it would actually work, as most are a push pin mechanism. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be entering a jewelry store here in NYC anytime soon, so I was hoping there was someone here (or at Shearwater) that has done any research on this.

I fully understand that this is a dive computer, and have no interest of wearing it around town other then on a dive vacation, but I think it's a beautiful device that could use a nice black titanium band to complete the look.

Thanks in advance,
Kees

Good afternoon happy Shearwater owners.
Please don't destroy me for this:
I just used my stimulus check to get a blue bezel Teric and (coming from an Oceanic Atom) am just completely floored by the capabilities of the device.
It's like a night and day difference in ability and ease of use.

I am researching the possibility of adding a black titanium strap to it, and see if I like the looks of it.
Kind of like the Garmin Descent with the titanium band:
Garmin Descent™ MK1 | Dive Computer | Dive Watch
Has anyone gone down that road with any luck?
I've found several "straight pin" 22MM straps online, but I'm not convinced that it would actually work, as most are a push pin mechanism. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be entering a jewelry store here in NYC anytime soon, so I was hoping there was someone here (or at Shearwater) that has done any research on this.

I fully understand that this is a dive computer, and have no interest of wearing it around town other then on a dive vacation, but I think it's a beautiful device that could use a nice black titanium band to complete the look.

Thanks in advance,
Kees
That's an AWESOME way to use stimulus money!! :)

Right? And the remaining $100 went to my favorite dive shop employees in Cozumel.
I bought a $55 knock off of the Garmin titanium band btw. It fits well and doesn't seem to throw off the compass, so I'm hopeful it's real titanium.

Right? And the remaining $100 went to my favorite dive shop employees in Cozumel.
I bought a $55 knock off of the Garmin titanium band btw. It fits well and doesn't seem to throw off the compass, so I'm hopeful it's real titanium.
Who is your favorite shop in Cozumel? I've sent money down as well.

Tres Pelicanos. It seemed like a good way for money that I didn't need to be used.
We use Dive Paradise and stay at Hotel Cozumel. Please roll by JP Morgan's Metrotech office and waive to my co-workers after they return.

Where do you stay?

can you please post a link to the band you purchased or even the search words you used to find the band that fit?

Thanks so much

can you please post a link to the band you purchased or even the search words you used to find the band that fit?

Thanks so much
It ended up as a failed experiment. It fit absolutely fine and looks great, but taking it on and off, getting on and off the boat, it released once (I caught it) and I decided to go back to the rubber strap to protect my computer. Vanity lost out. Happy to send you mine if I still have it. It works great on dry land if you wear the watch daily.

Back
Top Bottom