Titan LX ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can you tell me if the Titan LX is evironmentally sealed ? I have researched and found two different reviews.Some say yes and some say no. I don't plan on anymore ice dives but am concerned about salt water corrosion and also silty lakes.Not sure how old this reg is but it comes with a yellow octopus reg and console with suunto computer and SPG.

I believe the LX Supreme is environmentally sealed. There have been 3 Models of the Titan 1st stage. The first was a redesign of the Conshelf, basically the same reg in a redesigned housing. It has 4LP ports and 1 HP port. The second had the body turned 90 to the inlet and looked very similar to the Micron. It had 4 LP ports and 1 HP port. The third generation added a 2nd HP port on the opposite side of the other HP port. If there is a silicone disc on the bottom/end of the reg it has the Environmental Dry Seal. If it is the original Titan it will have a longer Spring Retainer and an extra chrome ring which holds the silicone disc in place on the end of the 1st stage.

The Titan LX Supreme is enviro sealed, the standard LX version is not but the only thing really exposed to seawater is the first stage diaphragm spring. N

The Titan LX Supreme is enviro sealed, the standard LX version is not but the only thing really exposed to seawater is the first stage diaphragm spring. N

For some reason the only way that I could post a question was to reply with a quote. Anyhow,I came across another thread while searching, stating that you could add an enviromental kit to the Titan LX. What does the kit consist of and does it upgrade it to the LX Supreme ? For some reason,I was under the impression that all diaphram 1st.stage regulators were environmentally sealed.

For some reason the only way that I could post a question was to reply with a quote. Anyhow,I came across another thread while searching, stating that you could add an enviromental kit to the Titan LX. What does the kit consist of and does it upgrade it to the LX Supreme ? For some reason,I was under the impression that all diaphram 1st.stage regulators were environmentally sealed.

All diaphragm first stages are not environmentally sealed.

These are the parts for the 1999-2008 Titan Series. For the new models the numbers may be different but the parts are the same.

Used with "Dry" Environmental Kit
------- 100525 Dry Environmental Kit, Complete
29 ---- 106317 Spring Retainer
30 ---- 106319 Piston
31 ---- 106338 Decal
32 ---- 106337 Diaphragm, External
33 ---- 106318 Diaphragm Retainer

2014 parts catalog:

I've got 2 Titan LX regs (2007), neither are environmentally sealed. Both have made several dives in cold (39*F/4*C) waters and to moderately deep depths (150'/45m) without issue.

I would imagine it would be rather expensive doing the conversion as the parts required will likely cost a pretty penny.

All diaphragm first stages are not environmentally sealed.

These are the parts for the 1999-2008 Titan Series. For the new models the numbers may be different but the parts are the same.

Used with "Dry" Environmental Kit
------- 100525 Dry Environmental Kit, Complete
29 ---- 106317 Spring Retainer
30 ---- 106319 Piston
31 ---- 106338 Decal
32 ---- 106337 Diaphragm, External
33 ---- 106318 Diaphragm Retainer

2014 parts catalog:

Thanks for the parts catalog. I saved it in my downloads for future reference.All is very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom