Tired of the heat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZzzKing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Sick of all this sunlight?

There will be two therapy dives at Lake Murray on Sunday, September 6. Meet us at the Marietta Landing Bath House at 9amish. Please note that it's a little early in the year for true Amish diving so you'll have to bring your own hot towels and warm cognac.

I heard a rumor that the Amish have joined the Food and Beverage Workers Union.
The top flight service we are all used may be a thing of the past.
We might have to start using some of the local talent from the Cloud 9 in Marietta to attend to the duties at the Bath House this year.
:wink:

The Amish have unionized... Damn Democrats... When will the madness end!!!!!

Well, it turns out that the Amish were unable to unionize. It was going to require Internet access to really mobilize in an effective way and they refused to go to Starbucks to use the wifi. That was a close one. Looks like we will have their services for at least one more season.

It's just as I thought though, it is too early in the season for Amish diving in southern Oklahoma. We had to fend for ourselves. And fend we did. A certain watch tinkerer who shall remain nameless took a four pound channel cat with a head shot on dive two. It took him 10 minutes to subdue the beast but my best guess is that they will be eating catfish dinner in Paris tomorrow evening.

Dive one failed to find the volkswagon but we did find the line to it late in the dive. Dive two found the volkswagon the easy way and finished with a tour of the wooden cabin cruiser and the previously mentioned demise of the fish.

Edited to add vital statistics:

Dive 1 - 52 minutes, 92' max depth, 61 degrees
Dive 2 - 68 minutes, 73' max depth, 64 degrees

Fun was had by all.

Last edited:
So were you sporting those side mounts and Timeliner his new st130?

Glad you found the VW......cabin cruiser sounds new or I just don't remember.

You going to make the Ark. trek 10/2-4....???

Gear Report:

Timeliner dove Zeagle BC and AL80's with slung pony and spear gun. I dove sidemounted Hp100's on dive one and sidemounted AL80's on dive two. I was unarmed. Drysuit helped substantially with the negativity of the steels. Aluminums were still more comfortable and manageable. Had a suit leak on dive two. I think i didn't get my zipper sealed good at the end of the pull. It's a might chilly at 70' and 64 degrees just in case you're wondering.

Don't think I will be able to make the Arkansas trip. Sounds like a lot of fun though.

On Sunday the Vis. was the best I have ever seen at Lake Murray during the warm season and I can only think of a couple of times that I've seen it better during the Winter months.

That big old fish cleaned up really nice. I fried it up out on the front porch
(You know...like all good country Crackers do) and had some of it for lunch.
Without a doubt... Bar None, that has to be the best Catfish I've ever had !

'Worth the effort

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom