Tips on donning and doffing a DS with DUI Zip gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigTuna

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a DUI DS with wrist zip seals. I've gotten DUI's blue (robust) zip gloves to keep my hands a bit warmer in very cold water and also stop the drops of water I sometimes get at the tendons of my wrists. I'm looking for some tips on donning and doffing the DS with the gloves.

First, donning (which I haven't tried yet). It seems that I have to attach the gloves to the suit before donning, because it would be nearly impossible to attach and seal them afterward. But with the gloves on (and eliminating most tactile sense), what's the best way to pull on the latex neck seal and smooth it down?

For doffing, how can I reliably locate the edge of the neck seal with my gloved fingers and get them under it to work it off my head? Should I find a way to remove the gloves as the first step?

Thanks in advance....

I don't have Zip-gloves and I haven't tried it!!

But at DUI Demo Days this year they suggested putting the neck seal over your head, before putting your arms into the suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom