Tiny Larva, and a Shrimp, BHB in SE Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dianna912

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This little shrimp looks like a spotted cleaner, but it doesn't have the distinctive purple. Very hard to spot, as it blended in perfectly.

The larva, I'm completely perplexed by. My first thought was a baby octopus, but it looks nothing like the pics I can find of that or a squid larva.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• P5301090 (2).JPG
    P5301090 (2).JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 100
  • P5301541 (2).JPG
    P5301541 (2).JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 98
You may be on to something! Looking at anemone larva, this looks spot on.

The shrimp looks like a cross between a spotted cleaner (blue/purple on legs, banded antennae, big egg-shell patches on body) and a sun anemone shrimp: the legs are perfect for the latter, but the body and antennae are wrong. Could there be two shrimp there?

The second pic looks like a type of swimming anemone

The shrimp looks like a cross between a spotted cleaner (blue/purple on legs, banded antennae, big egg-shell patches on body) and a sun anemone shrimp: the legs are perfect for the latter, but the body and antennae are wrong. Could there be two shrimp there?

I don't think so. Here is another picture.

Attachments

• AShrimp.JPG
    AShrimp.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 76
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom