For Sale Tiny Doubles, 45s and 40s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a ton of tanks so I could make bands and assemble them/try out on a variety of tanks. Now I need to get rid of some.

I may be willing to break all this stuff apart but I would like to try to sell complete first.

Will ship at buyers cost.
Local pickup will include an air fill if you like.
Will come with VIPS
Located in North Jersey

Heiser 45s
Brand new Blue steel manifold.
Bands are brand new.
Born on 11/98
Recent Hydro 05/20
I did not dive these since they are identical to the faber 50s I put together and dove so the manifold and bands have never been wet.
$550

Catalina 40 - SOLD
Brand new Blue steel Manifold
Brand new bands
1 tank born on, 05/06, 1 tank born on 05/08
Recent hydro 05/20
This set has never been wet, I ended up with a bunch of 40s and dove my personal set. These are much better than an alu 80 for basically the same weight.
$400

20211125_234450.jpg
20211125_234621.jpg

Interesting setup. What’s the benefit of a twinset with these small volumes? I could see the regulator first stage redundancy but the gas available in case of failure won’t be much

Interesting setup. What’s the benefit of a twinset with these small volumes? I could see the regulator first stage redundancy but the gas available in case of failure won’t be much

Basically an alternative to diving a single 80 or 100 with pony bottle.

Generally you don't need much gas in a pony for that kind of dive, 13 or 19 CF....

Alu 40 has 6.66 CF per 500 psi.

@ 1,000psi, thats ~13 CF

If you have a failure at 1,000, you should be at the end of your dive anyway and bailout should be quick and easy, that 13 should get you out of there. failures mid dive, 1,500 or 2,000 psi. should leave you with plenty of gas.

Certainly not for tech diving or anything serious but for those who dive doubles, its and easy way to do those simple dives in a lightweight rig that doesn't require any modification to your doubles reg setup.

The other advantage to small doubles is that they are low profile, and allow you to dive the same configuration for a smallish dive that you would for a dive with big doubles. I love my double 50s for scootering and general screwing around.

Interested but Shipping will kill me,
Where in Ontario? You could have them shipped to me in Detroit now that the border is open.

Niagara Falls area,
I wonder what duty would be..

Heiser 45s what's the specs on them You say same as
Faber 50s ?
Don't see how they can be so different in bouyence and holds less air,
20211207_160655.jpg

Niagara Falls area,
I wonder what duty would be..

Heiser 45s what's the specs on them You say same as
Faber 50s ?
Don't see how they can be so different in bouyence and holds less air,
View attachment 694460

I don't get it either, guy I bought them from said they are bigger than stated but I can't confirm that.

I have OMS 45s and they look miniature compared to these and they are are supposed to hold 1 more CF each. .

1638913198024.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom