Timeshare - Where to go diving in the Carribean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all. I've dived at a lot of the islands that are known for great diving.... Roatan, Dominica, Grand Turk (x4), Providenciales T&C, Bonaire, Grand Cayman, Cozumel (x4).
I'm diving with a friend this April, and money is really tight for her, so we're going to try to find a place where we can use her timeshare (Interval International). Our options for location will be more limited.

How is the diving in the US Virgin Islands (St. John, St. Thomas, St. Croix). I didn't think the diving was supposed to be that great, but the US Virgin Islands are listed in the top 10 lists in an older issue of Scuba Diving Magazine that I have.

I know that Freeport Grand Bahama is an option, but not sure what the diving is like there. Dominican Republic is another option, but also not sure about the diving there.
How about Cancun? That's another one that is an option, but I didn't think the diving was that great there (especially after diving Cozumel 4 times)

What are some islands in the Carribean I should consider diving that I might have luck finding a timeshare on? The only place I dove that I didn't care for the diving, was
Aruba. Very little reefs. Mostly wrecks.

Thanks!
Pam

Last edited:
How about Curacao? If I remember correctly there are a good many TSs there and the diving is pretty close to Bonaire. Not quite as convient but still good.
Freeport has pretty good diving, not up to Bonaire standards IMO but still good. Several of us off the board are going to be there April 2-6 for the legends of diving event.

Thanks Herman. Curacao is on the top of my list. I'm hoping something opens up there. Is there much for reefs in Freeport? Thanks, Pam

How about Curacao? If I remember correctly there are a good many TSs there and the diving is pretty close to Bonaire. Not quite as convient but still good.
Freeport has pretty good diving, not up to Bonaire standards IMO but still good. Several of us off the board are going to be there April 2-6 for the legends of diving event.

It's been a long time since I dove Freeport, which is one of the reasons I am going back in April but as I recall it was pretty nice. No shore diving like Bonaire or Curacao but still good, esp if cost and a time share are important. It was the first warm water dive location I traveled to and with some of my vintage diving buddies going it seemed like the ideal time to return.

Dominican Republic is not that great, Punta Cana or Purta Plata is the Atlantic which has alot of surge and not alot to see. Further south, LaRomana is not as bad. There you are on the carribean side more in the way of reefs and fish. Check out the Wyndham in LaRomana. That is were we traded our time share 2 years ago and was not bad.

Anything you want to know about timesharing go to Timeshare User's Group at tug2

My wife and I dive Freeport for 2 weeks each year. That's how much we like it!! :D

We stay at Ocean Reef Yacht Club and Resort I'm pretty sure they are an II member resort.

We dive with Grand Bahama Scuba
Rated #1 in the Bahamas 2 years in a row
GBS dives a nice mix of reefs and wrecks, they also do a shark dive. Great Boat, Awesome staff!!
I can't wait to get back there!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom