Timeshare rental websites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone used (successfully?) any of these timeshare rental websites? There are quite a few, and I have read some reports on tripadvisor that people have used them quite happily before. My wife and I are going to Aventura Spa Palace in Playa del Carmen in March for a wedding. It is a super mega all inclusive for ~$250pp/nt. Trip advisor has several people saying they went with timeshare resellers and saved a ton and had no problem. I found one that would be <$200 for 4 nights for two of us! I am leary of trusting one that does not come specifically recommended by someone (hate to get ripped off, but hate even more to be stranded).

This place (https://resortrentalsintl.com/index.php) specifically says you will not have to deal with owners, go to presentations, or anything like that.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Rented a house in Roatan last year through Vacation Rentals By Owner (vrbo.com) . Worked great for us.

I have used a time share rental for a stay at an all inclusive in Cozumel. The cost of the time share rental did not include the resort's mandatory charge for food and beverages. It was a per person/per day charge. I knew that before I purchased the rental and I still saved a fair amount of money.

Your property might have a different policy, but I would check if the rental price includes all food, beverages and services, not just the room.

If you do use a time share rental service, make sure to confirm your room with the resort directly. It would be a reservation as a guest of the time share owner. Obviously you would want to take a print out of that reservation with you for check in.

Good luck.

Let us know how it works out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom