Timer???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For the Petrel: I see that a timer has been added as a possible display item for center row in the new updates. How is it accessed/used (on/off/reset)? No mention in any literature i can find. Thanks.

For the Petrel: I see that a timer has been added as a possible display item for center row in the new updates. How is it accessed/used (on/off/reset)? No mention in any literature i can find. Thanks.

Hi rhwestfall,

We are working on a manual upgrade to include this feature. It is pretty simple though. When the Timer is added to the main screen, there will be a new top-level menu (e.g. Turn Off, Select Gas, ...) that says "Start Timer". Once running, more top level menus will appear for "Stop Timer" and "Reset Timer". When using reset, if the timer is currently running it will reset to 0 and continue counting up. If the timer is stopped when reset, it will reset to 0 and stay stopped.

Note that the word "Timer" is traditionally a counter that is preloaded with a time and then counts down to zero. This feature is more like a stopwatch that counts up. We used the word "timer" because of space constraints on the user interface. This new timer feature functions exactly the same as the stopwatch feature in the gauge mode.

Best regards,
Tyler Coen
Shearwater Research

Last edited:
Great new feature, I had the same issue in finding info on how to activate, but it seems to work well.

I have a Perdix I use in OC Tec mode.
I'd like to have access to a StopWatch (Shearwater calls it timer) for particular underwater activities, be it timing a penetration or padding a safety stop after deco.
I don't have the timer on the main screen as other data is important for most of the dive.

Is there way to utilise the timer during a dive if it's not on the home screen?

I have a Perdix I use in OC Tec mode.
I'd like to have access to a StopWatch (Shearwater calls it timer) for particular underwater activities, be it timing a penetration or padding a safety stop after deco.
I don't have the timer on the main screen as other data is important for most of the dive.

Is there way to utilise the timer during a dive if it's not on the home screen?

Hi OzMikeM,

At this time it is not possible to use the Timer (stopwatch) unless it is added to the main screen.

Regards,
Tyler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom