Time to stop procrastinating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MxDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all
For the past month I been telling myself I will start exercising and eating correctly, but I always find a way to put it off. I decided to join the SB challenge to formalize my commitment and keep track of my progress.
My goals is to loose 20# over the next three months.
I will chime in often so I can hear from you and let you know how I'm doing as well.
Regards
Art

Hi, Art!

Welcome! The fitness challenge is great for motivation! Feel free to join us in the challenge threads!

Hope to see you there!

:happywave and welcome!

as we are all doing such a great job i know there is plenty of room on the SB Fitness bench so let us squish our butts over so you can join us!

Art,

I must say that its extremely hard to get going on a workout and diet plan. I started on mine back aroung March 15th, and so far have dropped 20 pounds. Now im starting to get comments from co-workers and friends noticing the weight I have dropped, and I must say that is making the effort worth it.

It gets frustrating at times. One thing to avoid is weighing yourself everyday. Your weight will fluctuate. I weigh myself on Monday and Friday only. Also as you loose more and more weight, the rate of loss slows down. Just last week I was feeling doubtfull that it was working still, and when I weighed myself, I was lower than I had been in about 10 years.

My advise would be to create a diet and workout plan, and set a date that you will stick with it untill. I set mine to June 1st which is pretty far out. But no matter what do it untill then, and at that point decide if it was worth it.

My routine? I swim 1 hour before work, and 1 hour after work. For food, im on a low carb diet. I would put my daily carb intake at about 10-15 grams or less perday. I havent had fast food since I started. The benefits, like I said, im down 20 pounds, with another 30 to my target weight.

Good luck.

I put the "pro" in "procrastinate." Good luck.

Thank for the welcome
For food I am going to a nutriologist next week, that is the only thing that has work for me in the past, I can't plan a diet on my own. My workout routine right now is the AOW class at night and three days a week I do 30 minutes on the stationary bike. I plant to up this as my condition gets better.
I will refrain to weight myself until Thurdays. What really motivates me isn't the weight loss, It's when the nutriologist takes my body fat percentage and I see it going down.
Art.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom