Time to say Hi!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WildeTee

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, i guess it is time to say hi so .. "Hi" I have been creeping around on here for a while just reading random threads but figured now i could be a little more active here.

Completed my certification last sunday July 12th diving Lake Minnewanka in Banff Alberta. (lake at 5000' above sea level, bottom temp 11°C) and loved it. The thought was hey if I can do my dives here the Vacation Diving in Mexico should be a breeze. Only problem was I actually really enjoyed the cold water dive and can't wait to see more of the history below the surface of this lake. The 7mm wetsuit with a 7mm hooded vest certainly helped. On the upside not being afraid to dive locally should mean more bottom time to practice making the vacation dives more enjoyable.

I am pretty excited to finally be certified, the first time I told myself i should get certified was about 20 years ago. So i guess next step for me is to try and get to know some of the other local divers and hopefully find someone who is willing to buddy up with the new guy and help me practice and hone my new skills.

I guess that's it for now, happy to be here, and itching to get wet.

Welcome to SB WildeTee! You will love diving on vacation after diving in that cold water! I dive in similar temps in the winter but look forward to the summer when it warms up!

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA.......home of the warm water dive...

Back
Top Bottom